A Primed Industry
From an investor’s viewpoint, solar is a perfect investment. It is undervalued, forgotten, and on the verge of exploding into the mainstream energy marketplace. This is something that has already been accomplished by the wind power industry. The wind energy industry accounted for over 45% of the newly installed energy systems, beating out gas which only accounted for about 35%, this can be explored more here http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/wv_chapter2_wind_power_in_the_united_states.pdf. The wide acceptance of wind power promises some powerful growth for solar energy as well. That is why many investors see solar as a primed industry ready to explode into the mainstream marketplace.
Still not convinced? Here are the Top 5 Reasons to Go Solar:
- Incentives, Rebates, and Credits: Currently, Germany leads the world in solar energy capacity. In an effort to keep up, the United States government has been working with local and state government to offer incentive programs, rebates, and tax credits to businesses and homeowners for making the switch to solar. This means saving even more money, both in the short and long run. These incentives however, are likely to disappear when more start making the switch.
- Geographic Location: Florida is known as the second best geographical location in America for solar energy. This should not come as a surprise, after all, Florida is called the sunshine state. Low cloud coverage and a close proximity to the equator make solar energy the best solution for those who live in the state. Here is a list of other places solar energy can be advantageous. http://www.motherearthnews.com/renewable-energy/solar-power/solar-incentives-solar-power-resources.aspx.
- The Market: Right now, solar panel prices are at an all-time low. Like many technological triumphs, solar technology is getting more powerful and less expensive. Panels and batteries have gotten so efficient and inexpensive, they are overtaking coal and fossil fuels in cost-efficiency. This is partially due to the rapidly dwindling supplies of coal and oil.
- It’s A Great Investment: Something that many do not know about solar energy is that it increases the value of any building it is installed on. That is right, whether you are a homeowner or a business owner, installing solar can raise your overall value, while saving you money on your electricity bill. That is a kind of value that investors dream about.
- Independent Power: Solar energy doesn’t just work when the sun is out. Batteries store energy and give you access to power at all times. Even better, when the power grid in your community goes out, a solar system runs completely independently, so you will have power even when all of your neighbors or business competition do not!
To see more benefits of switching to solar, visit http://3-dsolar.co/news-solar-sustainability.html.